The Proposals Engineer is a lead position within the organization. His or her role is to prepare technical and commercial proposals, and to maintain contact with the Client in the process.
The Proposals Engineer liaises with the Business Development Manager and the Commercial Manager to ensure project opportunities are followed up by preparing proposals, which includes project cost gathering and calculations.
Together with the Business Development Manager and the Commercial Manager the commercial proposals are reviewed and submitted to the Client. After submission the Proposals Engineer will actively follow up the tendering process with the Client to ensure any questions are answered and in general to give the company the best chance to win the work.
He or she is an active member of the commercial department, achieving the goals by implementing his or her own ideas and translating the desires of the customer.
The Proposals Engineer will form part of the team responsible to win contracts from our Clients. The Proposals Engineer will also be the point of contact during the tendering phase between the Client on the one hand and internal departments such as Technical, Operational, Legal, Logistics and Finance on the other hand. After contract award the Proposals Engineer will hand over the responsibility of the Project to the Plant Manager of the relevant operation.
The Proposals Engineer is very competent with MS Office, and specifically Excel and Word. Fluent knowledge of the English language is required and basic German / French would be a positive. The Proposal Engineer needs to be able to do Commercial work in a Technical environment.
- Preparation of Proposals to Clients
- Project Cost Calculations
- Interface with the Client and Internal stakeholders, including meetings with international clients
- Key Working Relationships (List the internal/external stakeholders this position will have to regularly correspond with to be able to achieve the above outcomes).
- Commercial Manager · Customers · General Manager · Suppliers · Business Development Manager · Qualifications / Experience / Technical Skills / Knowledge
the qualifications, years of experience, certification and technical skills needed for this job
- Bachelor degree
- 5-10 years experience
- MS Office
- Technical affinity
- Commercial knowledge
- Good communicator
the top ranked 5 competencies most critical to the role.
- Customer focus
- Must be able to work independently
- Contribution to the team
- Decision making Personal Traits & Characteristics
the personality traits and characteristics essential for this job to be successful
- Stress resistant Key Challenges
information on difficulty, complexity, challenges and problems faced on the job
- Translate Client requirement and operational limits into suitable proposal
- Communicate between customer and internal stakeholders (various departments)
- Prompt action to be taken Dimensions of Impact -Revenue/Budget
Other Key Statistics relating to your job Customer Exposure Risk Associated with role
- High risk associated, proposals are key to the success of the organization
- High customer exposure
Does the above appeal to you?
Then send your CV with photograph and motivationletter. For further details about this position, you can always contact us by telephone 0031 – 53 – 574 53 23.